The Williston Cooperative Trading House Ltd. was established in the early 1940s as Die Williston Boerewinkel Kooperatief Beperk at 1 pound per share. A general dealership was purchased from a German Jew, Mr Danziger, in order to protect local ownership while still providing a retail outlet to the community.
In September 1945 there was already a meeting between the boards of the “Handelsvereniging” and the “Vleis Koöperasie” regarding a “division of sales” between the two businesses and “to avoid potential confusion in future”. At an Annual General Meeting on 11 May 1998 a decision was made to acquire the Handelshuis in order to place it under the management of the co-op.
Enough pay points ensure that customers get assisted quickly in Trade House.
The Trading House offers the following: